About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Monday 3 June 2013

Digital Painting In Photoshop.

I was first introduced to digital painting from an online graphics community I am apart off. One designer initial showed be the correct brush settings which come in handy once painting digitally. Another tool that helps allot once painting in photoshop is a tablet, I prefer to use a Wacom Bamboo Tablet with styles.

I started out drawing the lines in illustrator this was just because I felt more comfortable editing paths and strokes inside illustrator.  After this is complete photoshop was open and it was time to start painting.

Setting your brush so that when you add pressure the lines or colour becomes more darker and vice versa, pushing slightly down will give you a lighter stroke and a less harsh colour.


 The settings above are what I tend to use when applying this technique.


Once you've found or drawn the person or thing you should end up with a result some what like this. Created using strokes and lines. It's now time to layer colours on using the settings we have set already.
Choosing a tone or shade using the colour picker or a hex code you already know.

As you can see from the image below digital painting in Photoshop takes hours I think I've worked on this image for around 2 hours trying to get the correct shading and and the tones right. Manipulating images in photoshop can be hard and has great outcomes once finished I am going to continue and work on this style throughout my time at college.

No comments:

Post a Comment