About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Screen Printing.


Screen printing is something that I have been interested in since year one of my interactive course. Screen printing is away of printing that uses of mesh type material to print onto in this case clothing. The ink from the woven mesh is printed onto the desired material. The process is the same as using a stencil to spray paint things. The ink is forced into the areas where the design is and creates the design onto the desired product.


I was first introduced to screen print thought social networking sites such as facebook. At one point I was considering create my own designs on a few tshirts for personal use however screen printing is rather expensive. The company I get in touch was are called blue bird press. They're a screen printing and graphic design company from Kent, UK. They offer prints at an price. However from every product I have seen from the company they have all been high quality.


This technique is something I was to peruse later at university. I think that It would be a great skill to have and and excellent technique to use for experiments and final products. Sometime in the future I may even order some of my own designs on tshirts from this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment