About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Saturday 1 June 2013

Art Deco Minimalism design


The art deco style is something that as a simplistic designer is great! The flat colour lines and the vibrant visual's are great. I personally love this style of art. Whilst research this style I found a designer 'Rodolforever' a rather unknown designer but a very talented person. Most of his work is this flat colour art deco style. Using illustrator this is all possible.

Some examples of his work and my thoughts about each one:


This design is the first one I found on his page. Its the popular hero 'Green Lantern' something that really stood out about this design was the use of green hence the character green lantern. The typeface is really unique and I think fits the style great!


The second image of superman again the use of the same type face for the bottom is identical however the top text has been outlined. I really like that the silhouette feel to this design. Gradient use fits the colour great. It seems that the design has a texture overlaid on the image but very suttle.


The Third design a batman classic. The use of colour theory and the colour flows throughout the design from the gradient back to the text used down the side. I really like the outlined skyline in this design something I have used before on simplistic designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment