About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

John Contino - Pushing My Design work. -

John Contino

As New York based designer jon's design work he has always inspired me. The flow he has during his design work is out of this world. From his simple minimalistic lettering to his outstanding type. I have always been interested in the techniques he use's. I was lucky enough to have a conversation with Contino on twitter were he was advising me on such techniques that he would use. He has said that I have a great foundation work which really motivated me and that I need to draw more which a completely agree on.
From this experience I have learnt that I now really need to focus on pushing outside my comfort zone. Using techniques and process that I would never really use. This is what will help me progress as a visual designer.


Some of his recent honors in design:

RECENT HONORS
Art Directors Club Young Guns 9 Winner
American Illustration 31 Award
2011 AAF Seattle ADDY Award
2011 Comm Arts Typography Annual
2011 Denver 50 Award in Adv. and Design
DSVC Professional Show Judge


No comments:

Post a Comment