About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Monday 25 March 2013

FMP - The Three Brothers

Final Major Project

Being set our final major project today Is kinda sad in a way It is our last project on this course before heading of to university. Audio E-books is the task upon hearing the choices we have I have chose Harry potter, I am unsure of what book title as of yet. However have some interesting ideas which may suit the harry potter genre. I am going to explore every option so that I choose the correct E-book to design.

Immediately I thought of the scene from deathly hallows. The death of three brothers. It is an animated scene half way through the film which is very stylised and has a massive impact on the viewer.
It was directed and designed by a guy called 'Ben Hibon' who produced the animation in association with frame store.
I love the simplicity of the animation the style is really eye catching and the use of the vintage brown colour really brings the background to life. If I was to use the harry potter style E-Book then this route would be considered.

An article I found about Ben and the animation sequence:

Ben Hibon / The Three Brothers

The video can be watched below and also was nominated for an award in VFX in 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment