About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Sunday 16 June 2013

Jon Contino - Stephen King


I've been in contact with Coniton various time and was lucky enough to have him take a look at my work which was a great experience, all possible through social media which is fantastic! Following his work for a while now I am very familiar with his style and this stephen king book cover design really caught my eye recently.

After the current book cover design project I couldn't have found this design quicker. Three days after finishing my FMP I discovered this excellent example of a book cover design.

The main element of the design I was so drawn to is the typography. Contino has a great eye for type and it shows throughout his work the sans serif type stands out based on the fact it warps around in an arc form.

The colour theory is excellent and matches the style great, the use of a sinister red and the light purple background does not clash at all. The main design has some sort of texture on the book which is something I complimented when designing my own books.

The overall design from the book is great. Very striking and gives a sense of mystery as well as the sinister feel created by the dark red and the over dramatic curling trees which seems to be very iconic when It comes down to horror stories or films.

I think when it comes down to overall design you really need to feel and have the book to be infront of you. I can tell from the photo that the book is printed on some style of 280+gsm it looks to be some form of hard back book.

.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment