About Me

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Ashley Renshaw, 19 Year Old Graphics and Interactive Student.

Thursday 10 May 2012

Olly Moss Artist Research

Olly Moss Research 

Olly Moss has been on of my most influential artist to date. His style is very unique of most of his techniques and process are very inspiring. Keeping up to date with Olly's day to day work is something I enjoy doing, this is easily done by following his twitter page @ollymoss or by visiting his website http://ollymoss.com. I find this key to keep up to date with artist I enjoy or take influence from. This is not the first time I have written about Olly, and the first time happened to get a response of him, which mentioned that research the artist bio example D.O.B and study location, gets in the way of what an artist is about.

I love his style of vector poster's and how simple but effective some of them are. I love the silhouette, style which he as adapted on his star wars posters and really would like to implement this into my work during the project 'Film Title Sequence'. I think that the blast suit from 'TheHurtlocker' would be a great silhouette figure.  

Also looking into his work some of his image/poster design's give's a slight illusion which in all looks, very unique again think i could interpretative this technique into some of my work.
The following image shows again a silhouette which seems to very common in his work, the gun turns out to make a person's face which  makes you think past its first impression looking deeper into an image.

I have tried to implement this into my own work which can be shown on my blog (ashleyrennie) however have tried to use the style of blanka also. I have been given some great feedback on this and now think that I can use the style/techniques in my future work. The image shown is above, which is a promotional image, of three of my most recent work and can be found on my facebook page.
Overall I think Olly moss has and will play a big part whiten my work for future projects based on the love I have gained for the style and the techniques which are so fun to apply to my work, this should be shown with my progress in this specific project 'Film Title' and for projects in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment